Youth Alliance Against Corona (YAAC)
YAAC brings to you an opportunity to contribute towards the fight against Covid-19 pandemic in a unique way. India deployed very unique strategies in its fight against the disease, like converting railway coaches into isolation wards, similarly if you have some unique idea or suggestion, YAAC is providing you with the platform. Those interested can either write an essay or make a video on the same. These will be vetted by our experts and the top entries will receive cash prizes.
Topics for Essay and Video making competition
1. Post - Covid Global Order
1.1 India’s Role
1.2 USA’s dominance
1.3 China’s accountability
1.4 Historical learnings
2. Indian Economy after the Pandemic: Challenges and Opportunities
2.1 Feasibility of Lockdowns
2.2 Segregation of essential and non-essential industries
2.3 Repercussions for the financial system
2.4 Role of monetary policy
3. Rule of Law and the Fight against Coronavirus
3.1 Comparative constitutional analysis
3.2 The impact on rights discourse
3.3 Enforcing criminal law
3.4 Policing powers of the state
4. How will Covid-19 Change Indian Socio-economic features?
4.1 Social distancing and its fallouts
4.2 The challenges of the migrant population
4.3 Religious congregations
4.4 Misinformation about the pandemic
4.5 Hate messaging and Communal Harmony
1. Anyone below the age of 30 years is eligible to participate in the essay and video-making competition.
2. Participants will have to show proof of age before their entries can be accepted.
3. Participants will have to point out the shortcomings in the respective area they chose and will have to come out with innovative solutions for the same. Mere highlighting the issue can result in disqualification.
4. The entries will have to be submitted through proper channel on the website.
5. The length of videos can’t be more than 10MB. Participants are encouraged to use software to compress the files and adjust the resolution accordingly. The audio will have to be clear and perfectly audible.
6. The length of the video can’t exceed beyond 5 minutes
7. The essays will have to comply with the word limit strictly – 500 minimum words and 700 maximum words.
8. The participants should give their drafts a suitable Title and can also provide suitable sub-headings. The sub-headings should be in bold.
9. The drafting should comply with a single formatting and citation style. All material referred should be cited in the form of footnotes and can be referred to in a bibliography. The words in the bibliography and footnotes will not be considered in the word limit.
10. The best 5 entries for essay and video making competition respectively will receive prize money of Rupees Five Thousand Each.
11. The last date for submitting entries to the competitions is 30th May 2020.
Essay entries to be directed here:
Video entries to be directed here: